Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Portrait of a black and white wedding

I originally had no intention of having anything to do with recent royal wedding.
I then realised I was in London and no matter what I did I was going to be surrounded by Union Jacks and hords of excitable people... I also thought I can't spend all of my days hating on everything...
I'm a firm believer that if you are going to partake in such events you may as well go the whole hog!
The old "when in rome" came into play, the overnight camping plan was in action and soon enough we found ourselves packed up with enough booze to leather a small village, and bound for a night on The Mall. (the road running directly out from the Palace).
After a night and morning of violently holding our position, along the fence line, the whose who of royalty raced passed and down to the Abbey, a tad weary we decided to retreat from the front line and spend the rest of the afternoon enjoying the remainder of our drinks in the park.


Monarchy.... is it necessary? Probably not.. But none the less it was a rad way to spend a booze full day..